For those with Recruits in Platoon #1026, welcome!

1~Kristine

Proud Marine Mom

Views: 894

Replies to This Discussion

Just got the letter today.  My recruit is assigned to 1026. :)

We are 1026:)

I got the form letter from the CO with the graduation and family day brochure. At least my son wrote the address on the envelope :-) And now I know where he is. I carry the envelope in my purse so I can look at it whenever I need. I shouldn't feel so over-protective. He is 22 and has been living on his own for several years. He only came back to live with us when he decided to enlist.

Where is everyone from? Central California here.

Hi Tedders Mom.  We are from central Iowa.  Glad to know I'm not the only one carrying the envelope with me! lol 

I got the real letter over the weekend. After Dear Mom it was This S*&t is Awesome! He loves it! Tho he did say they don't serve bacon and he really misses that. He asked me to give his address out to any of his friends who ask - so I've been getting private messages on Facebook asking all weekend. I finally just typed it out once in a Word document and cut and pasted it to everyone. It was really good to see how good he still feels about it. He even said he found someone in the platoon (86 recruits is what he told me) that is from our neck of the woods and they've become good friends. Well, I could go on and on, but I have to get to work. And also find time to write him back :-)

I hope you all had a great weekend.

We are 1026 and in central Missouri.  Received 1st real letter from our recruit yesterday and carry it with me everywhere I go!!!  I was so happy with how positive it sounded.  I can finally sleep at night.

My recruit is also from "Central" Missouri. I have received several letters, one today.  Things seem to be getting better.  It would be nice if they know each other.  I will have to ask Dakota if he has met anyone from Missouri in his platoon.  I'm not sure he is getting any letters yet.  Do you or anyone else know if their recruit has received any mail?

dnkc said:

We are 1026 and in central Missouri.  Received 1st real letter from our recruit yesterday and carry it with me everywhere I go!!!  I was so happy with how positive it sounded.  I can finally sleep at night.

Mine has not gotten any of our letters that we are aware of and we have sent lots. I got two letters yesterday! Both very positive and he said morale was high! I would love to know if ours have met!

Greetings to all fellow parents and guardians, we are in Arkansas. Our youngun is in platoon 1026, and like so many other families we would be grateful for any photos anyone has of 1026. We also received the form letter a few weeks, Aust girlfriend got a real letter a few days after then we got one on the 28th. We also have sent many letters to him, but like many of you we do not know if he has gotten to read any yet. Austin sounds like he is doing great and things are not nearly as hard as he thought they would be. I just hope all these happy sounding recruits really are enjoying it as much as they say in their letters ; )

BobCat, we are also from Arkansas, our son is in plt 1022.

BobCat said:

Greetings to all fellow parents and guardians, we are in Arkansas. Our youngun is in platoon 1026, and like so many other families we would be grateful for any photos anyone has of 1026. We also received the form letter a few weeks, Aust girlfriend got a real letter a few days after then we got one on the 28th. We also have sent many letters to him, but like many of you we do not know if he has gotten to read any yet. Austin sounds like he is doing great and things are not nearly as hard as he thought they would be. I just hope all these happy sounding recruits really are enjoying it as much as they say in their letters ; )

Hello Hedi and family, we are in Pocahontas area, we live in the big city Imboden ;) I wonder if Austin would have been in plt 1022 as well but his plane had a over night lay over in Dallas because of weather so he got there a day late, someone had downloaded a photo of plt 1026 and if was sent to me via text by his girlfriend and I couldn't enlarge, so of course I'm anxious to see the actual one on my computer so I can enlarge it :)  

Heidi said:

BobCat, we are also from Arkansas, our son is in plt 1022.

BobCat said:

My boyfriend is in 1026! We're from Kansas City, Mo and I'm so anxious to hear from him! I got a letter on the 26th and since then I've sent him a few. So far I haven't gotten any back. Checking my mailbox here at school sometimes twice a day!!

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:
Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content that may not comply with The Guidelines or Terms of Use. Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2014   Created by Marine Parents Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.