This is where all members affiliated with this platoon can connect!

Views: 2900

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Maria-

Do we all need to wait 2-3 weeks for the form letter to arrive before we know our Marines address?  I know Company D with a grad date of Sept 21, 2012 - but when will we be given a platoon number or their 'title' in which to address the letter?

Thanks-Robin

This information will come in the form letter, sometimes a recruiter might give you the information in advance.  When you address your letters you always address them to Recruit Last name, first name

Here is a link that talks about lettters and packages http://recruitparents.com/bootcamp/mail.asp also on that page there is a link to an example of how to address the letters. 

Maria (Mom-NY)
MFN Manager of Boot Recruit Groups 

There's No Place Like Home .... From Afghanistan 2012

I called my son's recruiter today and he gave me my son's info. Platoon number and address. You might want to try calling. I was not willing to wait ;)

1068...  got the info from the recruiter today.

I would really like to thank Maria, and everybody else at MFN for making this site possible.

You all will be my Rock of Gibralter for the next 12 weeks.

johnwwwin you are so welcome it is a pleasure to pay it forwarded; we all remember what it feels like to be in your yellow family foot prints, each of us moderators can read a post and automatically be transported back to the day that ours shipped to boot camp and know just what you are feeling. 

Maria (Mom-NY)

It's funny you say that.  I had a Marine Parent meeting of some parents in our area and when I said my son just left for boot, each one of them went "Awww".  LOL  I told them not to do that!!!  :)

1~Mom-NY (Maria) said:

johnwwwin you are so welcome it is a pleasure to pay it forwarded; we all remember what it feels like to be in your yellow family foot prints, each of us moderators can read a post and automatically be transported back to the day that ours shipped to boot camp and know just what you are feeling. 

Maria (Mom-NY)

I just received information from the recruiter that our friend is in Platoon 1068.  My son is scheduled to ship in October with another friend of his.  Their other friend shipped with your son on 6/25 so we are following and supporting him. We are going to start writing him now that I have his address.  Let's keep in contact.

Thank you Maria I took your advice and called the recruiter and was able to get the PLT # my son is also in 1068, I have all ready sent the letters I have been writting since he left. Thanks again.

I'm glad to have finally found this group. My son has been in for 2 weeks now. I got my first call 3 days after he left home, and a 2nd call 5 days later, asking me to send his retainer. He tried to give me his address, but it was confusing trying to understand him while he yell-talks and all the yelling in the background. I did get his address from his recruiter, and boy, what I heard on the phone was way different thant what his address actually is! I've not received a letter from him yet, but I'm sure that will come, hopefully this week :)

Deb

Hope you get a letter soon! and I'm glad they're making sure they wear their retainers:)

Sebringchick said:

I'm glad to have finally found this group. My son has been in for 2 weeks now. I got my first call 3 days after he left home, and a 2nd call 5 days later, asking me to send his retainer. He tried to give me his address, but it was confusing trying to understand him while he yell-talks and all the yelling in the background. I did get his address from his recruiter, and boy, what I heard on the phone was way different thant what his address actually is! I've not received a letter from him yet, but I'm sure that will come, hopefully this week :)

Deb

I'm glad to know they are allowed to wear their retainers also.  I assume they'll need to be replaced at the end of the 13 weeks because they won't have a lot of time to brush them in the morning if they are rushed.  Oh well, at least their teeth will stay straight.

Sebringchick said:

Deb

I hope they call me and request his retainers. Four days before departure, he wanted his permanent one out because he did not want to deal with floss threaders there. Ok, the ortho rushes him in, I pay $195 for new removal retainer.... and then he decides he didn't want to take it. If he sees the other kids are fine with them, I hope I get the call to send them.

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:
Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content that may not comply with The Guidelines or Terms of Use. Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2014   Created by Marine Parents Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.