This is a place for all members affiliated with this platoon can share and connect.

Views: 429

Replies to This Discussion

Finally received the long awaited letter today!!!  My son is in this Platoon.  Hopefully you all will be receiving yours today too!

Excellent!!

Yesterday morning we received our first letter.  This is my Brother's platoon.  So excited for him, the letter said he is doing well, but was "crazy busy".  My Grandfather was so proud to get this letter, best Christmas present EVER I am sure!  Later in the day a "form letter" at my Mom's house, was addressed to her proper name, not Dear Mom, she thought that was cute.  

This is my son's Platoon! So glad to have this connection to other parents!

My son is in this Platoon. His form letter arrived Thursday, 12/19/2013. The best gift was when I excitingly received a letter in my son's handwriting on Thursday, 12/26/2013. It was a page long, but it gave me great joy. I have been writing him every other day and have encouraged all our family/friends to keep up the letters/cards/post cards. I hear that the recruits really enjoy getting mail. 

Does anyone know other than the FB site, is there someplace else where pictures can be seen? So far the FB site hasn't posted any pictures of his PLT much less Fox Company. 

As Proud Momma Bear, I am glad to have a way to reach out to other parents. 

Our grandson is in this platoon also.  Received our first letter today and was good to hear from him.  But we have some confusion as to what is correct PO Box and Zip Code is.  We have his address as PLT 2018, 2nd BTN, F Co., PO Box 16235, Parris Island, SC, 29905-6245.  Is that the correct address or is it different?

teddoris, we had to clarify this as well, since it was confusing, but we did confirm that what you have is correct, even though the PO Box and the zip code don't exactly match. We've been sending letters for a week now and have confirmed that he is receiving them with that address.

teddoris said:

Our grandson is in this platoon also.  Received our first letter today and was good to hear from him.  But we have some confusion as to what is correct PO Box and Zip Code is.  We have his address as PLT 2018, 2nd BTN, F Co., PO Box 16235, Parris Island, SC, 29905-6245.  Is that the correct address or is it different?

We got a call from our son yesterday!  Unfortunately, I was not home, but thankfully my husband was.  Probably a good thing he got to talk to his dad as I'm sure I would have gotten choked up and not been able to talk.  Husband said he's hoarse but not sick and he's doing well and sounded good.  Very short conversation, but so good to get the call.  So proud of him!!

YAY for the phone calls!!

Just found out today our son rolled into this platoon after dropping back a few weeks with a cracked rib.  See you all at graduation, and Momma Hen -- your posts are the absolute best, thank you for helping us all through!

Welcome MarineDad! Glad to hear that your recruit is back on track!

You are very welcome...truly my pleasure.  What is that saying...Been there, Done that! 

LOL!

Susan (1~Momma Hen)

Hi Momma Hen, my son was in this Platoon.  He was sent to medical on Jan. 20th he has since been released from medical on Jan. 24th.  He is doing fine.  He is a little upset that his graduation has been delayed until March 14th.  In his last letter he said he met a lot of nice guys that are in Fox 2018 and that he will miss them.  I sent him a letter letting him know that he will do the same in the Kilo Platoon.  I told him, in a way, that he was lucky because he gets to make twice as many friends.  Just wanted to let the families from Fox 2018 know that I'm sorry I won't get to meet them on graduation.  And thank them for raising good men that will probably be part of my sons life forever.  I'm not sure exactly what Kilo Platoon my son is in yet.  He told me as soon as he finds out, he will send me a letter.  When I find out I will join that forum and drop a message. Good Luck to all the recruits and parents of Fox 2018!

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:
Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

MCM is Sold Out

but we still have 22 Bibs left. 

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content that may not comply with The Guidelines or Terms of Use. Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2014   Created by Marine Parents Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.