This is a place to connect & share with others in this Platoon.

Views: 224

Replies to This Discussion

Video is up for Papa company on the comments page. woot woot

http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/pia20131220

1~Nanny

So happy we got to see our daughter in this video. It took watching it several times in slow motion to find her!

So glad that you got a "peek" at your daughter.

1~Nanny

What is the best recommendations for our daughters/sons who will be doing the crucible in December? Didn't know if there were any tips we could write to them as a heads up to try to keep warm.

Thank you!

More pictures of Papa up in the Gallery.....http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/pia20131220/forum/topics/photo...

John/Kim

My best tip is to put a couple of ziploc bags with as many clean/dry socks into their pockets or packs and change them as often as they can. Wet and cold...feet MUST stay as dry as possible.

Also... tell them to EAT those MRE's they will have...may not taste good, but EAT them, their bodies need the salt for their electrolytes...Gatorade vs too much water.. They need the salt... they drink a lot of fluids, but forget the salt...the DIs will remind them, but sometimes between being tired and bad tasting MRE's they will put off eating....NO...salt is just as important as fluids.

I guess, I need to post this on our other platoon board as well...

Also.. The Liberty Ceremony for the Female Recruits is held at the Lyceum... NOT the all weather Building.. I have confirmed this with PI... So check your map and head on over to the Lyceum after the motorun and your visit to the visitor's center. If I have already posted this... sorry just wanted to make sure everyone knew.

1~Nanny

Thank you John / Kim for the Question.

Thank you Nanny for the Answer.

Our Daughter is also in Papa Co, set to Graduate Dec 20th.

Little hint like this are very helpful.

Mike/Lisa

You are more then welcome

BE SURE TO WEAR YOUR RED TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS...IT'S FRIDAY

http://marineparentsinc.com/store/shop/category.aspx?catid=278

1~Nanny

Thank you for the advise. I didn't know about the Liberty Ceremony! That helps so much. Really appreciate it. We have not received our graduation packet yet. Hopefully we will get it soon.

If you have not browsed our Family Day/Graduation discussion board, it is full of valuable information to help you with your visit to PI.

http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/pia20131220/forum/topics/delta...

1~Nanny

SAM ALERT!!!!!

A Stand Alone Marine in Papa Company... Rally the Troops Peeps!

See comment page to help.

The Stand alone Marine will be Kristen and is in 4042. The only posts we have in that platoon is her mother and she has posted her name and picture on the comments page. Perhaps your girls know her?

Description of a SAM...

Once the final “DISMISSED” is given by the drill instructors, most recruits will be running to their loved ones and friends.  Many moms, girlfriends, wives and sisters will be streaming tears of joy.  So will some dads and graduates.  You will see more hugging on one piece of real estate than you have ever seen before.  But, look back at the parade deck on graduation day…..  There will be some lost souls that for the first time in three months do not know what they are supposed to do next.  Nobody is yelling at them and they don’t have somewhere to be five minutes from now.  It will be a sad sight, not unlike going into an animal shelter and seeing the abandoned puppies that nobody wanted. You want to take them home with you, but in reality, know you can’t.  The Marine Corps has no shortage of people from backgrounds where they felt they were not wanted.  This is probably unimaginable to most of you because, by the fact you are here and contributed something, your recruit has never felt abandoned or alone.  Fortunately, most of these puppies will find a loving home in the Corps.  Not the kind of love your recruit got from you, but a feeling of belonging, importance and worth.   They will adapt, persevere and overcome their past. 

~ wolfdragon Semper Fi!

There are many reasons why they are alone. Financial, work commitments, family illness... doesn't really matter, we just don't want them alone on Family day or Graduation. I am sure that Kristen's travel arrangements have already been made, so maybe a final {{Hug}} after graduation to send her on her way!

Thanks...My Sam is "Ray" and I love him like my own.

1~Nanny Bootcamp Moderator     

vpgm of Cpl Jackson

vpgm of Pfc. Dillon

and  Pfc. Ray

1/9 "walking dead"

Deployed to Afghanistan

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:
Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content that may not comply with The Guidelines or Terms of Use. Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2014   Created by Marine Parents Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.