Good morning!

Just wanted to take a moment to say hello to all fellow families of recruits in Kilo Company- Platoon 3089, graduating November 22, 2013.

Today marks the beginning. They are officially in Week 1!

Today our recruits start learning all about the USMC values, ethics, structure and fundamentals in the classroom!

They get to learn about the history behind what makes the greatest branch in the military!

Today they send out the letter with their address so we can start sending letters and hearing all about their experience (hopefully)!

I am learning to take this experience in day by day and sort of 'enjoy' this with my brother while he is away.

I have never done so much research in my life and I hope my brother sees how much I want to be a part of this with him (from home of course!) :-)

I recieved a photo from a fellow recruit mom who happened to find a photo online of our Kilo Company last week during a graduation and I got to see my brother! This got me through the day yesterday!

OORAH!!

Views: 2133

Replies to This Discussion

Yes thanks all! :)

I mailed enough for the platoon today, too....gotta keep those boys going!

Thanks Tina.. High five 3089 parents (love our boys\men) Ooh Rah

Hi Kilo company,

You are terrific!  By the time your recruits graduate I suspect there will be many new friendships formed and while @ the depot you will have a great time.  May I suggest if you love seafood try the seafood restaurant ( I am not sure I can put a name here but I can message anyone who might be interested)  located just over the bridge from Beaufort and worth the short trip, it is fantastic. 

Without your support your recruits would be lost, keep those letters flowing and those protien bars going:), can a teenager ever have enough food:)?  You  have all the information you need, including sending flat rate, no siginature packages including enough for even the SDI's and DI'S  always remember to let your recruit be your source of information:), they know best.  Your recruits are fortunate to have you!  Keep checking MCRD Parris Island Facebook for photos of your recruits.

God Bless and Semper Fi

Mair

PWMV

PMG'MA

Sure, you can name the seafood place, Mair ; )

I would be happy to send protien bars!  What kind is the best to send and should I just send them to the attention and address I send my son his letters?  I asked him if he wanted me to send some....and i havent gotten a response yet.  Someone let me know and I will buy them today and mail them out tomorrow!

Hi Jenny, I bought a box of the Pure Protein bars - 18 count. I'm sending them to the same address as my sons. I know he won't get them but it'll make it to the right platoon anyway.
Jenny, I bought Power Bars (protein rebuild) chocolate with peanut butter (6boxes of 15) and Sent them to my sons same address also., Thank you!

Thanks!  So a priority mail flat rate box?  I bought them today!

Jenny, I sent mine priorty flat rate box, no signature required.. :)

The 'flat-rate, priority mail' boxes are free at your local P.O., jenny!

This page is for mailing to deployed Marines, but the info works stateside, too : )

http://www.marineparents.com/deployment/cp-shipping.asp

With pride in and prayers for all who serve our country,

Sandy (1~sandyr)

MFN:  Director of Online Support Services

VPMM of Brian

Just wanted to let everyone know I just received a letter filled with thanks from my son and all the guys in the Platoon for the protein bars..so let's try to keep them stocked as much as possible, sounds like they are kicking butt in the drill competitions against the other platoons. He also said they do have 89 guys in their Platoon (awesome, a lot of guys staying strong) Thanks everyone !

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:
Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content that may not comply with The Guidelines or Terms of Use. Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2014   Created by Marine Parents Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.