This is the topic/place where anyone/all members affiliated with this platoon can come to connect with one another. If you have any questions, please, just ask!

A good source of information for bootcamp is at our www.recruitparents.com webpage :) You can visit the link or find the box on the right hand side of every MFN page. Happy browsing!

Donna (1~Donna from WI)
PP of one Marine and one civilian
Boot Camp Moderator
Standing on Psalm 91:11

Views: 695

Replies to This Discussion

My son is also in platoon 3009. I received his address today. I was so thankful to see it in the mail. Hang in there... There is no rule stating you can't celebrate his birthday in February!

I got the "letter" from my son yesterday.  He is in Platoon 3009 also.  It was a little surreal to be so happy when looking in the mailbox to see something with his writing on it....I guess it's the little things.  

@KBCsMOM-Happy Birthday to your future Marine.  I had the exact feelings you did when we looked at the calendar and figured out that my son will be at Parris Island for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year AND his birthday!  But, then I too, thought more about it and thought "what a great gift for him to be starting his new adventure", and an even better gift that they will be finishing the Crucible on his big day!  Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of the Platoon 3009 families.  See you in February!

It was good to recieve a hand written letter from our recruit this week. I feel much better after reading that he is doing well and he has already made three friends. Since his ship date, I have been feeling really low. It was quite an odd feeling watching my son ride away in that van that morning. I stood there and watched it disappear from view, knowing that my boy's life was going to change forever. I am so proud of him! Go 3009!

My fiance is in this platoon! 73 days left for family day!!!

Welcome sul2010!

Be sure to check in with the wives, fiancee & girlfriends discussion group too: http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/recruitwfg

Donna (1~Donna from WI)

PM and MIL of two Marines and one civilian

Boot Camp Moderator

Standing on Psalm 91:11

Girl's PLTs just got posted on official facebook page for MCRD - at least you can go see what our sons have been doing!

Just got a letter yesterday from our son asking for Vit.C. Feel guilty cause I see where a lot of parents have already sent bars, shakes, and C. Doesn't surprise me though, our son never tells us anything at home either. LOL

My son's 19th birthday was on the 15th of November. :-) A birthday they will remember forever! So proud!!!

KBCsMOM said:

My son's recruiter called and gave me an address! I guess I am the first parent to comment for platoon 3009. Today is my sons 19th birthday but I am the one receiving the gift. (information) At first I was a bit saddened that he wasn't here to share this day with his family and friends but then I thought how selfish I was being. He is away from home following his dream! Seeing the blessings in the day :)

I will say an extra prayer for your son.  I am sure he will be fine :-)

KBCsMOM said:

My son's letter home said he had hurt his back and it was a pain like he had never felt. He stated he was toughing through it in order to avoid medical because he did NOT want to miss a day. My son has never been a complainer. He battled through his high school football games with broken ribs and other ailments because he was too "tough" to listen to his dr.'s and mother. so I am a tad bit worried... (shoot me) ...A few extra prayers for him would be much appreciated. Thanks.

MaggieM...happy belated birthday to your son!  My son will turn 21 on Jan. 5th, so he'll have a "special" birthday to remember forever, too! LOL!

KBC'sMOM...I'm so sorry about your son's injury. I can imagine how worried I would be!  We will say extra prayers for him!

Did any of you get letters from your sons dated Dec. 7th?  My son said in the letter he wrote that evening that he'd had a very difficult day emotionally.  Just wondering if any of your boys mentioned it.  It sounds like they were put through a very tough psychological test.

thank you!

PMM_Chris said:

I will say an extra prayer for your son.  I am sure he will be fine :-)

KBCsMOM said:

My son's letter home said he had hurt his back and it was a pain like he had never felt. He stated he was toughing through it in order to avoid medical because he did NOT want to miss a day. My son has never been a complainer. He battled through his high school football games with broken ribs and other ailments because he was too "tough" to listen to his dr.'s and mother. so I am a tad bit worried... (shoot me) ...A few extra prayers for him would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tomorrow morning, I am mailing 76 "Oh Yeah" protein bars from Champ Nutrition Center in Philadelphia.  They are directed to Rct. U-x-x-x-x, from Doylestown, PA who is also the best personal trainer I know.  Maybe KBC should try to hook up with him if he hasn't shaken off his back issue.  Recent cards and a note received Thursday sound very positive, including a cryptic "It's Go Time!"

Regards to all -- Dave

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:
Click for Archive Newsletters

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content that may not comply with The Guidelines or Terms of Use. Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2014   Created by Marine Parents Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.