MarineParents: Marine Family Network (MFN)

An Outreach Program of MarineParents.com

Hi! My son just finished his 0621 class and is now waiting to be picked up for his 0622 class. Does anyone know how many days the 0622 class is? Thanks!

Views: 777

Replies to This Discussion

This may be a little late in answering the question but my son told me he got picked up for 0622 and it's 30 days. 

Thanks for this info Deeds, good to know for others coming on board too. :)
Deeds, my son told me yesterday that he's also going to be going to 622 as soon as 621 is completed. What's the difference between the two 1~Keri(HCC)?
0621 - Field Radio Operator
0622 - Digital Multi-channel Wideband Transmission Equipment Operator

See this what's after boot page for the additional FB pages for Field 06.
http://www.whatsafterboot.com/mos.asp

Field radio operators identify personnel who employ radio to send and receive messages. Typical duties include the set up and tuning of radio equipment including antennas and power sources; establishing contact with distant stations; processing and logging of messages; making changes to frequencies or cryptographic codes; and maintaining equipment at the first echelon.

The digital (multi-channel) Wideband. transmission equipment operator identifies those Marines who are qualified to install, operate, and maintain at the first echelon, the multichannel media equipment and AN/MRC-142.

Here's a question... Will the ones going to 0622 graduate from 0621 then also graduate from 0622? I asked the son but he's is unusually quite about the whole thing. He gave me the description like alex2toes did above and but that was it. He did say he will be staying an additional 30 days for 0622. 

Can't answer that. It would seem to me that the beginning of 0622 must mirror 0621 & they run the classes together. There has been rumor for several years now that 0621 was going to be discontinued. Never know what is what until it happens.

There may have been confusion with the 0612 MOS, Field Wireman which some member's Marines stated was going to be phased out but could only be rumor. If it's not down in writing, it's only rumor.
http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/mos06/forum/topics/mos-0612?co...
Deeds,
Probably a little late here but yes, there are two separate graduations for the two: 0621 and 0622. According to My Marine, he will be graduating 15 JUL from 0621 and will have a two week waiting period. Then he will start 0622 and this class is about 30 days. During the wait period before the new training, he will found out his PDS.

Thanks for the information. My Marine graduated yesterday from 0622. When he graduated from 0621 they started classes for 0622 the following week so there was no wait time for him. He said it was pretty easy, easier than 0621. While he was in 0621, they changed his orders two or three days before graduation to include 0622 so there was a scramble to cancel flights, plans, ect. It's been a roller coaster for sure. 

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:

Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Starts with June 2016 and includes every month through June 2017. 

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content

that may not comply with

The Guidelines or Terms of Use

Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2017   Created by Marine Parents Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.