MarineParents: Marine Family Network (MFN)

An Outreach Program of MarineParents.com

Hello.  My son just graduated from boot, and will be headed to 29 Palms after his MCT.  This is not the job we thought he was going to have, and we don't know much about it.  Can anyone help with any info?  Thank you much!  So proud to be apart of the Marine Family!

Views: 1747

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats to your new Marine earning his EGA!! Have you checked out the other discussions for 0621?
http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/mos06/forum/topics/any-one-wit...

Here is the what's after boot page with the school link other helpful links too.
http://www.whatsafterboot.com/mos.asp

Best of luck and prayers for your Marine as he completes MCT and moves on to his follow-on MOS school.
1~Keri (HCC)
MFN Marine Groups Moderator/mgr
VPP of Cpl. M - 1MEF/1LE Bn
Isaiah 41:10

I did, but the last post was April 3.....so I didn't think it was an active site anymore

Hi, was your son Kilo?  My son was and will be going to 29 Palms as well.  He is going to be Field Radio Operator   what is your son going to be doing in communication.  He started his MCT last week

I am trying to learn all the Military Lingo, but I think you are referring to his company.  He was Fox.  He is also a Field Radio Operator, and we know nothing about it.....lol

If you do an Internet search for 0621 Field Radio Operator, you'll see descriptions from about.

I am thinking my son is ahead of yours.  His graduation from boot was 6/28.  If that is the case I will be able to tell you what I learn.  He went back to Pendelton on Tues July 9th.  I received a text,  I made it, and havent heard anything else.  I am a firm beleiver of No news is Good news.  I will keep you posted

melodymom66 said:

I am trying to learn all the Military Lingo, but I think you are referring to his company.  He was Fox.  He is also a Field Radio Operator, and we know nothing about it.....lol

Thanks for info, I did read this earlier.  Do you know where possiby they could be stationed after 29 Palms? 
Also how long schooling is and are they backed up?  Thanks
Runner7 said:

MOS 0621, Field Radio Operator
Typical duties include the set-up and tuning of radio equipment....

MOS 0622, Digital (Multi-Channel) Wideband Transmission Equipment Operator
The digital (multi-channel) Wideband transmission equipment operator are Marines qualified to install, operate, and maintain, at the first echelon....

dragonfly said:

I am thinking my son is ahead of yours.  His graduation from boot was 6/28.  If that is the case I will be able to tell you what I learn.  He went back to Pendelton on Tues July 9th.  I received a text,  I made it, and havent heard anything else.  I am a firm beleiver of No news is Good news.  I will keep you posted

melodymom66 said:

I am trying to learn all the Military Lingo, but I think you are referring to his company.  He was Fox.  He is also a Field Radio Operator, and we know nothing about it.....lolI

It has been over 2 weeks and I have not heard from my son.  I beleive he is in India Compnay and is out in the field.  I heard rumor they will get their phones this weekend if everything goes well.   I am very hopefull that I will hear from him this weekend.   So be ready for No news is good news in MCT

It has been over 2 weeks and I have not heard from my son.  I beleive he is in India Company and is out in the field.  I heard rumor they will get their phones this weekend if everything goes well.   I am very hopefull that I will hear from him this weekend.   So be ready for No news is good news in MCT

My son is a Field Radio Operator and stationed at CP. He grad his MOS in April  2013. He is in the HQ battery. He really likes it.

What is CP?

dragonfly- they can send them anywhere there is a need. They tell them if they are top of the class they have a better chance of getting their 1st choice from their wish list for the PDS.  My son was 3 and didn't get his. He ask for NC and Cali. but he has adjusted and likes it. Unfortunately some will possibly go to Japan and Hawaii. I told mine just be happy he got to stay state side. They wont find out where they are going to the till the week they graduate.

dragonfly said:

Thanks for info, I did read this earlier.  Do you know where possiby they could be stationed after 29 Palms? 
Also how long schooling is and are they backed up?  Thanks
Runner7 said:

MOS 0621, Field Radio Operator
Typical duties include the set-up and tuning of radio equipment....

MOS 0622, Digital (Multi-Channel) Wideband Transmission Equipment Operator
The digital (multi-channel) Wideband transmission equipment operator are Marines qualified to install, operate, and maintain, at the first echelon....

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:

Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Starts with June 2016 and includes every month through June 2017. 

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content

that may not comply with

The Guidelines or Terms of Use

Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2017   Created by Marine Parents Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.