MarineParents: Marine Family Network (MFN)

An Outreach Program of MarineParents.com

Does anyone know how long this MOS schooling is? and i see that a lot of the parents are saying after schooling there PDS is in Okinawa, is Okinawa for single marines or do they send married marines there also?

Views: 8308

Replies to This Discussion

Our son graduated from MCT on Dec. 6th and went straight to MOS at 29Palms.  He started class in early January and now graduates on the 23rd of February and will be going straight to his PDS that day.  Classes are day and night right now due to the back up.

He started Jan. 10th and graduates Feb. 23rd.  We thought MOS was 42 days also, but he and his whole group are done in a lot less time.  Don't know why though.  He graduated boot Oct. 28th Mike Co. and all the marines with him from that group that are 0621 are graduating same time.  They leave on buses from 29 Palms on the 23rd to head out to the airport to report to their PDS.

19li33y91 said:

What day in January did he start? The MOS is about 42 days, right?

Justmir said:

Our son graduated from MCT on Dec. 6th and went straight to MOS at 29Palms.  He started class in early January and now graduates on the 23rd of February and will be going straight to his PDS that day.  Classes are day and night right now due to the back up.

Such good information from all you guys. My son is a poolee right now. He starts bootcamp the 15th of August. He will be going to FROC (Field Radio Operator Course) after MCT. I hope he can enjoy himself out there in 29 Palms considering it's such a big change from New York.

Read through the other 0621 discussions too. If you click 'view all' you will see more.
http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/mos06

My son has been in holding since Feb. 8th. So far this is no date on when he will be picked up. I think it is hard to go from all the training at boot and SOI and then to sit..............

Many MOS schools do not start a new class every week so what some say a back up is in reality just the norm for that school.

It is very common for MOS schools to be backed up...all schools.  My son had to wait for about three months before classing up.   He kept busy with guard duty, LOTS of PTing, taking MCI classes, doing maintenance  etc. The MCI classes help in promotions so getting these done while waiting for their class to start is a great time to do it.

The wait time can be trying but for those "bored" times in waiting to class up, suggest to your Marines the activities and groups. Activities could include volunteering for the 'work parties.'   There are also  chapel services for all faiths and the single marine program too. (I think I saw it on the MCCS site for 29 Palms.

My best to your Marines as they get through this wait time.  My Marine enjoyed the gym time as there was no time once class started.

Mine Marine was at 29 Palms and while he was in school getting ready to graduate, they added a secondary MOS to his skills which delayed his graduation. He was there for about 6 months total. He went to Okinawa and there they do additional training on more equipment. 29 Palms is the basics I think and when they get to where they are going, they fine tune (bad pun, I know!) their skills. 

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:

Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Starts with June 2016 and includes every month through June 2017. 

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content

that may not comply with

The Guidelines or Terms of Use

Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2017   Created by Marine Parents Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.