Does anyone know how long this MOS schooling is? and i see that a lot of the parents are saying after schooling there PDS is in Okinawa, is Okinawa for single marines or do they send married marines there also?

Views: 4238

Replies to This Discussion

Married or single Marines can be assigned to Okinawa. If married, and the family goes also, it is not uncommon for the assignment to be longer than for a single Marine. It is all about the "needs of the Corps". 

As for the length of the school lets see what other Members with first hand experience have to say.

My son is also at 29 Palms waiting to get picked up for school.  He tells me that the field radio operator school is 42 days.  If they are getting cross-trained for something else, that might make it longer.

okay thank you richard and debryn-debbie for the info :)

My son is also in Twentynine Palms and he informed me that his school won't pick-up for two months and then it will be 4 months long 0621 field radio Operator. 

Isn't it funny how we all get such different information.  The four months sounds more like it!  But the one thing we all have in common, is that they won't be starting school for a while.

Drumom said:

My son is also in Twentynine Palms and he informed me that his school won't pick-up for two months and then it will be 4 months long 0621 field radio Operator. 

Honestly Debryn-Debbie My son initially told me 6 weeks and I thought ..how could you absorb all of that in 6 weeks...so I feel much better that it's 4 months!  LOL

My son reported back to 29 Palms on Jan. 4 also.  He told us on the 10th that it looked like he was going to start school on the 16th but wasn't exactly sure how long, maybe 3-months.  Not sure any of them know!

Drumom said:

Honestly Debryn-Debbie My son initially told me 6 weeks and I thought ..how could you absorb all of that in 6 weeks...so I feel much better that it's 4 months!  LOL

I just heard from my son a couple days ago....from what he said this time is his school was due to pick up in march...(2 months) and it should go for 2 month ...so a total of 4 months not 4 months of school like I orginally thought!  He also just told me that the school make pick up sooner...still waiting to hear on that.

Field radio operator (FROC) is 42 days of class.  They don't count weekends or holidays.  They don't know when they will start so they will do busy doing nothing work until they do start.  so they could be there for 4 months.  Mine has been there since Nov 13 and graduates Jan 19th. They will be allowed to leave every weekend once they actually do start unless they have fire watch and someone usually does

Hi Tracy,

My son (KEN) is also in BMAT waiting.  He was offered the chance to go to Data Network instead, but he opted not to.  Its his life and his choice, but it just seems that future career options would be stronger with the data MOS.  The highlight of his week (last week) was getting on a work detail and moving a truckload of refrigerators.  Let's hope that these guys get into school quickly!

Debbie

My son is also waiting....not patiently either.  I could tell he was very annoyed by last Friday.  He is much happier now since his laptop and Xbox made it to him from NJ.  He just text and said that he is getting picked up tomorrow and will have night classes.  I have not actually spoken to him too much, mostly texts, which is good since when I did talk to him he was annoyed.  The last disagreement was when he asked me to send him some civilian clothes.  We got in an argument about which size jeans to send.....He wanted the ones that were about 4 inches too big in the waist that he wore when he came home from boot.  I ended up sending 1 pr of those and 2 prs that are the next size smaller. 

Well, even if he is not talking to you, you can always text him at the end of the night.  To remind him you love him and wish him a good night..   I text mine "Luv Ya" before I go to bed each night.

Barb

I texted him earlier today to see if he go the package his girlfriend sent that includes his new phone.  He text and said if I asked again he was going to throw his current phone in a volcano..... I texted back....There is a volcano?  LOL

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:
Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

FREE 2015 Calendar!
Just pay $3 Shipping.
Click here to order.

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content that may not comply with The Guidelines or Terms of Use. Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2014   Created by Marine Parents Inc.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.