MarineParents: Marine Family Network (MFN)

An Outreach Program of MarineParents.com

I just found out that my husband is getting stationed at Camp Pendleton. I have no idea where to even start with this move. Anyone have any advice or know who I need to talk to about moving? Also I would like to know about what will happen after my husbands graduation from ITB at Camp Geiger. Will they give us time to move together or will I have to meet him over there and do the move myself?

Views: 383

Replies to This Discussion

First let me say thanks to your Marine for his decision to serve.
Shortly after ITB graduation, Marines are boarding buses to their next MOS assignment. He needs to report first to his PDS first. Your Marine will have a better idea once he reports and gets firsthand information.

Good luck to you both once you do make the move. I hear you will love the west coast. Best wishes for your Marine in his Marine career.
1~Keri (HCC)
MFN Marine Groups Moderator/mgr
VPP of Cpl. M - 1MEF/1LE Bn
Isaiah 41:10
Have you asked this question in the wives/girlfriend's group? There would probably be some members with experience in this.
If you are on his orders that may be a different story but I would ask in the other groups.
Good luck! :)
1~Keri (HCC)
MFN Marine Groups Moderator/mgr
VPP of Cpl. M - 1MEF/1LE Bn
Isaiah 41:10
My Marine when he graduated his MOS school (Non-Infantry) traveled on without his wife to his PDS at Pendleton. He was there about 3 weeks or so to get squared away then got leave to return home to move his wife back. I don't believe she was on his orders though.
I can understand the frustration of not knowing or waiting until your Marine graduates. Waiting can be tough but as a Marine wife, parent or family member, we learn to adapt.
Hoping this works out for you.

My son is also stationed at Pendleton and has been there about 1 1/2 years. Once he graduated MOS, he went straight there and was given leave about 3 weeks later to get his wife moved. Once he gets to Pendleton he will be able to talk with the correct departments about getting everything in place. Be patient, you will soon get to join him and enjoy your life together. Pendleton is a beautiful area.

Yes, they got married one weekend during his MOS training so my Marine was listed as being married before he received orders.
I live on CP and I don't know some of the answers to your question being that I drove with my MIL from FL to CA. I paid out of pocket, it was expensive but worth it. If you have any questions you can ask me!
I'm from Tallahassee! Yes the drive was horrible! I hated it! I hate the beaches here, they are NOTHING like Floridas. But mission ave will take you all the way to the beach. Do you live on or off base?
I live on in DeLuz, my husband works in the middle of the base so living off would be too far of a drive! Yeah the water is really cold, and the sand isn't as pretty. Plus sharks!

Hi Ashley723,

We visited our son at CP this summer in August. Yes, the water is not like Florida or even NJ, it is cold.  There are a few nice beaches to stroll or hang out. We liked San Onofre Beach, it is beautiful.  You can get a nice hamburger or breakfast burrito at San Clemente Beach from a little "hut restaurant" just feet from the water and walk along a paved path to the San Clemente Pier or even bike.  There is also a nice beach by La Jolla, unless the seals/sea lions are hanging out as they do sometimes.

Hope you find some parts that you will like!

LD

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:

Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Starts with June 2016 and includes every month through June 2017. 

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content

that may not comply with

The Guidelines or Terms of Use

Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2017   Created by Marine Parents Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.