MarineParents: Marine Family Network (MFN)

An Outreach Program of MarineParents.com

I'm tired of hearing about wives/daughters/sisters/aunts/grandma's/girlfriends/fiances, etc all the time. IT IS TIME THIS IS RESURRECTED. Here is the link to:

Dad's Roll Call Part II

http://www.usmcparents.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71758&Searc...

Dads, let get back into the swing of things. Of course, the wives will try to take it over, they always have.

Jeff (1~Iansdad), VPF of Cpl Ian, and civilian Devyn

Views: 3148

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sounding back, guys.  My boy is graduating from MCT San Diego today, then shipping out to his MOS school at NAS Meridian tomorrow. I got a call from him last night, which was cool. He said that since President's day is this Monday, that he may have 4 days of free time right after he arrives in Mississippi. So he is going to try to catch a flight home for his long weekend...not sure if they'll let him do that or not, but fingers crossed.  

Doug, just don't get your hopes up. There is a travel distance restriction (not sure how far but not over a couple of hundred miles) for 48/72/96 hour passes, and it doesn't matter how you are planning to travel. Plus, I am sure that they will have something for him to do to occupy his time until Tuesday. LOL.

Good or bad, depending on point of view, he will only be about 200 miles from both Memphis and New Orleans.

Thanks, Jeff. We have family in Alabama...not too far from NAS Meridian, so maybe he can get off base a while for a visit.

Mooregon,

Even if he cannot get off base, unless the base is closed you may be able to get on base with your son. Having spent some time with both of mine it is not a bad way to spend time with the kids.

I suggest if you are going to try to go to his base, call him and verify WHEN he will be off duty (the new guys often get watches while waiting for other schools), and that you can get on base or that he can get off. If you are going to try to go on base, you will need photo ID for everyone in the vehicle, and be ready to have your vehicle searched. This does not happen every time, but just in case do not have anything that MIGHT be prohibited on base. There are certain things that a temporary station versus a PDS personnel.  Your son will be able to let you know.

Enjoy any time you get with him! And do not be disappointed when he thinks of things that you think are interesting or important, he will think of as "just a job"! I loved going to base museums and static displays to see the difference from my time in service, and theirs.

Thanks, Tiny...I'm in Oregon, so prolly not gonna make a weekend trip to Mississippi...this time, anyways. Maybe after he gets settled in and has some idea of what's going on.  

I am sure all of us understand the frustrations of not being able to see our sons (and daughters) for graduations and promotions. Both of my sons have been promoted to Sgt., and I have not seen a single promotion, and only been to their Boot Camp graduations.

I can assure you that he understands.

God bless you and yours, and protect all those that put their lives on the line for this great nation

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:

Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Starts with June 2016 and includes every month through June 2017. 

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content

that may not comply with

The Guidelines or Terms of Use

Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2017   Created by Marine Parents Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.