MarineParents: Marine Family Network (MFN)

An Outreach Program of MarineParents.com

This topic has been created for members who enjoy round-the-clock chatting about “this ‘n that”.

The last few posts from the comments section have been copied here so that everyone can pick up right where they left off.

Views: 330786

Replies to This Discussion

robert, when we were on the old page did you use to get an email saying someone made a comment?

theresa

Pretty much everyone that belongs to this group did. 

http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/forparents

The above is the home page for the group 'for parents of Marines" then when scrolling down to the list of discussion forums...on the top is "This "n That". 

Here is the link to that direct discussion forum.

http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/forparents/forum/topics/this-n...

So if anyone from "for Parents of Marines" needs some help finding this new discussion group I hope this helps.  **you will also need to click on follow to get the new notificaitons emailed**

robert, can you see the question i asked you above?

k, so basically its the same thing. we will get an email and it will say "this and that" instead of "marine family" just click on it and it will bring you here. its just backward in the way you read it to catch up with stuff. as far as having your wife in on the group make sure she clicks on the link above and "likes" it, that way she will be able to get those emails notifying her too. its the link ksmarine mom posted right above my last one to you. let me know how it goes

Yes, basically the same.  You guys are getting it!! You are Marine Parents, you can handle lots of things....Oorah!

User name replied to Marine Parents Inc's discussion "This ‘n That" in For Parents of Marines on Marine Family Network

The above is on my subject line on my email notification.

MAKE sure you click on follow to get the emails when people reply

User name commented on Marine Parents Inc's group "For Parents of Marines" on Marine Family Network (this is the subject line for the 'group' "For parents of Marines)

If you follow both groups you will continue to get emails on both. You can always click on 'stop following'  on the one that you may not need at this time and start following again when you feel the need.

robert, as soon as you post in a topic you will automatically start receiving emails for that topic.  You should be getting them now.

Remember, as tuffenuf said, the title of the email will include 'This 'n That'.

Try this...and let us know if it works.

Scroll down to the bottom of the disucssion area where the page numbers are shown.

Just about the word previous should be the word, follow or stop following.

Click on follow and that should do it.

Please remember our guidelines include being polite to everyone and that includes moderators.  I have already edited two posts in this topic.

again, you should automatically be receiving emails from this topic because you have posted here.  Why you cannot open the email I cannot help you.

robert, calm down. You have to be able to see something or you couldn't post here all the time. Once you post in a forum, discussion or blog, you will automatically get notification when others post. Now take a deep breathe & let it out. Repeat. Better? Good this will serve the same function as the old forum. Just remember to scroll down.

dianne, clearly robert doesnt meditate (breath) lol. i totally get why he is freaked out, im still kinda wobbly on this. i get his frustration cuz we both have such a hard time with change and technology. remember im a (wait what was that word again?) lol maybe if crawfish or wd helps him out, he will understand it and it will be a little easier for him. plus he is mad cuz he got slapped, i know that makes him mad. fingers crossed anyway, lol

robert, give it a chance, i get what you are going through

theresa

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:

Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Starts with June 2016 and includes every month through June 2017. 

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content

that may not comply with

The Guidelines or Terms of Use

Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2017   Created by Marine Parents Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.