MarineParents: Marine Family Network (MFN)

An Outreach Program of MarineParents.com

Hello everyone I am new here, I am also very new to the USMC boot camp life style. My boyfriend of 10 months left yesterday about 24 hours ago on his plane to go to Parris Island for boot camp. And I know this past 24 hours was probably hell for him, and it was for me as well. My boyfriend and I have been in constant communication for the past 10 months and after he left all communication has stopped. I spent all day with him yesterday up until it was time for him to get onto his plane and we said our goodbyes. I tried so hard not to cry but knowing I wouldn't be able to see him again for the next 13 weeks made me break down. As soon as I watched him walk though the doors to his plane I lost it. After that I went to his house and his mother let me take some of his clothes and belongings to help me these next 13 weeks (and of course I took ALL of his hoodies!). But it seems like every time I feel like I'm going to be ok I remember and I cry again. I know its normal to be upset especially the first few days but how do I take myself out of this slump? How do I make myself feel better about everything? I also got his one phone call last night at about 10PM. I don't know if his mother just didn't answer or what happened because I got the impression he had to call his mom. I did answer and It was rough because the only thing I got to say was hello and by the time he was finished I had no time to say I love you because he already hung up. But hearing his voice helped me sleep though the night. Knowing that its 13 weeks makes me even more upset. I am suppose to get his address Friday from his recruiter, that way I can write the letters I have written these last two days (one when I got home after he left yesterday and one from this morning). I also wrote him 3 letters 1 to open the Friday before he left, one to open his last night at the hotel, and 1 for him to read on the airplane. I have had a rollercoaster of emotions this past 24 hours. And if anyone has any advice for how to deal with my emotions or another question I have unanswered is when I will get his class, and battalion number? I was told I need to have those two numbers to find out online how he graduates. Is this true? thank you all for your time and I will be on the look out for any replys.

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you accept my friend request?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:

Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Starts with June 2016 and includes every month through June 2017. 

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content

that may not comply with

The Guidelines or Terms of Use

Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2017   Created by Marine Parents Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.