MarineParents: Marine Family Network (MFN)

An Outreach Program of MarineParents.com

I need help. My boyfriend just left for boot camp jam 31st . He is in South Carolina and I'm in nh! I have not received a letter yet. I don't have any info on graduation or what it's like or when or he said his training for his job should only be a month and a half . Should we get married after boot camp or after his job training ? And than how long after we get married do I have to wait to go live with him on base ?

Views: 694

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, SATO would be the perfect place to buy that return ticket for your rct. That is where he will go to buy his. Make sure you let him know tha you are buying his ticket. And I think it is wonderful that you were able to manage going to Family Day! It is such a wonderful time. Where to stay? Well for me it was ths cost more than location because we rented a car. We could have done the shuttles but wanted a bit more flexibility than that. If you have AAA or a credit card or belong to some other fraternal order, check to see what kkind of discounts you can get through them. I don't remember if SATO does rental also, as my sister took care of that portion of our trip.

And congratulations on the 29 days!!!!! Felt like you would never get here in the beginning, didn't it? 

Yes thank you ! Do you know the exact number for sato ?! And I will let him Know asap today I'll do sandbox. And I'm glad I chose to go too! I heard it's great ! But if sato doesn't do rental cars I won't be able to get it his aunt will have to cause I'm not 25 and they charge more everyday for a car so I'm gonna book the hotel thru sato along with buying our tickets to fly back together. And his aunt has aaa so we can see what discounts we can get. Anyways yes omg more like 27 till I see my marine so happy !!

https://www.cwtsatotravel.com/

Remember family day is comfy shoes lol so plan you outfit around that. :)

I'm sorry scratch all that. Closest hotels by parris island ?

Well you have closest which is most likely highest price and then you have other. I would suggest you google the hotels in that area & have the list on hand when you talk to SATO. They will give you prices. 

Here are a coupe of discussions about Parris Island Graduation & Family Day. These can tell you much better than I, what is what around parris Island.

http://marinefamilynetwork.com/group/mcrdpifdgrad

http://www.recruitparents.com/bootcamp/hotels-pi.asp

any hotel in beaufort is close to pi......if your driving to parris island.....don t check out of your hotel till u pick up your new marine....it will give him someplace to change clothes for the ride home

No we're staying another night and leaving Saturday morning. And I'm just trying to find good prices im thinking the days inn in port royal is that close ?

port royal is a mile from beaufort

So what's the best hotel that's not so exspensive. I need ideas lol. I'm looking like crazy. What about quality inn in Beaufort. The other girl on here says Beaufort is far from the island.

go to the main page....sign in....go to the live chat....u type in the small box near the bottom

beaufort is closer to the gate u go into parris island...but thats only a mile difference....the hotels there make all there money on the graduation days so there basically the same

Days Inn is the closest to Parris Island. Super 8 is near there as well. It's about 15 minutes to where graduation is.

The Quality Inn, Econo Lodge, Sleep Inn, Hampton Inn, Howard Johnson, and others are a bit farther. More like 25 minutes. There are some non-chain hotels in downtown Beaufort (also about 25 minutes) that are very pretty, but probably more expensive. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:

Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Starts with June 2016 and includes every month through June 2017. 

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content

that may not comply with

The Guidelines or Terms of Use

Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2017   Created by Marine Parents Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.