MarineParents: Marine Family Network (MFN)

An Outreach Program of MarineParents.com

Condolences: SSgt. Louis F. Cardin, 2/6 Marine from CA, 3/19/2016

Please post your condolences for SSgt. Cardin below this article.

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Inherent Resolve.

Staff Sgt. Louis F. Cardin, of Temecula, California, died Mar. 19 in northern Iraq, from wounds suffered when the enemy attacked his unit with rocket fire. The incident is under investigation.

http://www.marine-corps-news.com/2016/03/the_department_of_defense_...

Views: 532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We cherish too, the Poppy red
That grows on fields where valor led,
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of heroes never dies.

~Moina Michael

My thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones of SSgt Cardin.  Please know a grateful nation shares your pride and your sorrow for your beloved Louis who gave his very life in our defense.  May precious memories shine light on your darkest days.

Semper family,

Laura

VPMM of Derek, 3 OIF tours

My deepest sympathy to the family and friends of SSgt Louis Cardin. What a sad loss for you and for our country. 

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Susan

My sincere condolences for the family and many comrades and friends of Staff Sgt. Louis F. Cardin. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength.

"God is our refuge and strength.."
Psalm 46:1

... prayers for always
keri
VPP of M
I am so sorry for your loss. Staff Sgt. Louis F. Cardin gave the ultimate sacrifice in serving our Country. May he always be remembered for the honor and courage with which he fulfilled his duty and for the love and joy he gave his family and friends. With deepest sympathies and prayers for the family and friends of Louis.

Fallen....Never Forgotten.

Sandy
VPMM of Brian

I am so very so to hear of the loss of your beloved. Please accept my condolences. 

May the blessings of love be upon you
May its peace abide with you
Honoring Staff Sergeant Louis Cardin, from Temecula, California; assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina; who was killed on March 19, 2016 by indirect fire. The Marines were supporting Operation Inherent Resolve.

Please help honor him so he will never be forgotten.

My sincere condolences for the family, comrades and friends... one day at a time.

26th MEU dedicates library to fallen Marine

Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:00 am
GySgt Andrew Pendracki, 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit

The 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit dedicated their professional reading library in honor of Staff Sgt. Louis F. Cardin at the unit’s command post on Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, April 5. Cardin was killed in action March 19, 2016 while forward deployed to the Kara Soar Counterfire Complex near Makhmour, Iraq.

The 26th MEU commanding officer, Col. Farrell J. Sullivan, and 26th MEU sergeant major, Sgt. Maj. Brett C. Scheuer, thanked everyone for showing their support. Scheuer closed in saying, "We must never forget our fallen heroes that have given the ultimate sacrifice for their fellow Marines and Sailors and our great nation. Staff Sgt. Louis F. Cardin is a true warrior who put his fellow Marines before his own life in combat at Fire Base Bell in Iraq during the 26th MEU’s last deployment in March 2016 - we dedicate our unit library in his honor, ensuring that he is always remembered and will never be forgotten."

Continue reading:

http://www.marine-corps-news.com/2017/04/26th_meu_dedicates_library...

This is such a great tribute. Semper Fi Marine is not just a slogan, it is a way to live. Ooh Rah!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Receive our Newsletter

Receive our Newsletter!
Enter your email:

Click for Archive Newsletters

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Starts with June 2016 and includes every month through June 2017. 

Alert us to Content Violations

Let us know if you find content

that may not comply with

The Guidelines or Terms of Use

Click to report.

Group Categories

Join several groups! Select from categories that meet your needs or match your Marine's career:

Our Fallen Heroes

Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Marines. Click here to visit the condolence forum.

Click here to learn more ways to support Gold Star Families or if you are a Gold Star Family.

MARINEPARENTS.COM

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS

MarineParents.com:

The Marine Corps:

About Deployment:

WHATSAFTERBOOT.COM

A few KEY LINKS for After Boot parents:

RecruitParents.com

HELP & INFORMATION LINKS
(links open in a new window by clicking "GO!" button below)

RecruitParents.com:

General Information:

Recruit Training:

Family Day & Graduations:

After Boot Camp:

Additional Resources:

© 2017   Created by Marine Parents Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

The Care Package Project
Care Package Project™
Purple Heart Hero Support
Purple Heart Hero Support™
Operation PAL
Operation PAL ™
Gold Star Family Support
Gold Star Family Support™
Combat Recovery
Combat Recovery™
After the Corps
After the Corps ™
Gold Star Luminary
Luminary Initiative
Marine Parents Combined Federal Campaign #57100 Show Me Heroes Hiring Veterans in Missouri Capital One Visa Card and Marine Parents Supporting Our Troops MarineParents.com is a Marine Corps Charity Partner Eleven Years of Service to Marines and their Families Shop for Marine Corps items at the EGA Shop IBM and Marine Parents Partnership in Charity AmazonSmile and Marine Parents Charity MarineParents is a Guidestar Exchange Gold Participant
MarineParents.com, Inc.
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone (573) 449-2003
Copyright © 2003-14 MarineParents.com, Inc. ~ All Rights Reserved Worldwide
MarineParents.com is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity,
a Marine Corps Charity Partner, and Official Marine Corps Trademark Licensee.
Site Map   |   Statements of Use   |   Outreach Programs   |   Join Team Marine Parents
Neither the United States Marine Corps
nor any other component of the
Department of Defense has approved,
endorsed, or authorized this service.